241 - My Favorite SAAW-NG
20080203
The song that best describes me right now, is absolutely not 241. Infact, i hate that song. My song right now, is "
You Gotta Be" by Des'ree. It was quite hard to choose a song because the songs that I'm familiar with usually talks about their emotional feelings or lack thereof. I am definitely not one of those. I'm happy even if it doesn't rain (GET IT?!**)and usually satisfied with everyone and everything.
Back to the song,
You Gotta Be, it advices us on how life should be handled. It talks about most of the problems one encounters in life. This suits me, unlike other songs that talk about how they feel like dying and slashing their wrists just because they got dumped. It tells us to be positive and face each day with a "cool" attitude. Although life is not perfect, you should make the best out of it.
Like most songs, it also uses love and how important it is in our life. The last line of the song is: "
Love will save the day". No matter how problematic or frustrating life can get, love will make everything better.
Lyrics:
Listen as your day unfolds,
challenge what the future holds
Try to keep your head up to the sky
Lovers they may cause you tears
Go ahead release your fears
Stand up and be counted,
don't be shamed to cry
You gotta be..
Chourous:
You gotta be bad, you gotta be bold,
you gotta be wiser
You gotta be hard, you gotta be tough,
you gotta be stronger
You gotta be cool, you gotta be calm,
you gotta stay together.
All I know, all I know
Love will save the day
Herald what your mother said
Read the books your father read
Try to solve the puzzleS
in your own sweet time
Some may have more cash than you
Others take a different view
My oh my,hey hey hey
Chourous
Time asks no questions, it goes on without you
Leaving you behind if you can't stand the pace
The world keeps on spinning, can't stop it if you tried to
The best part is danger staring you in the face
Remember Listen as your day unfolds,
challenge what the future holds
Try to keep your head up to the sky
Lovers they may cause you tears
Go ahead release your fears
my oh my,hey hey hey....
Chourous (2x)
Got to be bold. Got to be bad
Got to be wise. Not ever sad
Got to be hard. Not too, too hard
All I know is, love will save the day
Chourous (repeat till fade)
**You're a fool if you didn't get it. I was pointing to Garbage's song,
I'm Only Happy When It Rains.
& anabanana signed off @ 21:01